Web Site Copy Writing and Search Engine Optimisation - SEO
Creative Design views web site copy writing and search engine optimisation - SEO - as a business consultancy. We focus on strategic website planning and design.
To add real value to your website, we need to understand your business and reasons for having a website. The more we understand, the better business for you.
Strategic web site planning and what we do for you
- Understand your business and what you want to achieve with your web presence
- Develop a web site optimisation strategy designed for your business
- Deliver a specification and website copywriting documentation for your web developers
- Ensure you fully understand what we have done and why
- Review your website after six months to ensure the quality and relevance of our initial work
- Provide competitive pricing
- We spend the time to understand your core business
- Identifying your business and products unique selling proposition
- Ascertaining your key marketing messages which sell your product – branding, trademarks, product names and key phrases
- Eliciting your unique processes, services and products including patents and intellectual property
- Understanding your sales and marketing strategy – geographic territory and target market - including the level of technology your clients use
- Determining how your website fits with other marketing tools e.g. print advertising, direct mail, brochures
- Understanding how you plan to use the website – is it for information, generate business enquiries, conduct electronic business or research?
- Agreeing the key pages of the website for search engine optimisation, including which (if any) pages you do not wish to be found through the search engines e.g. client or member only pages
Only once we understand your business and website objectives do we begin website optimisation. This has the following components:
- Development and review agreed key search words and phrases with you
- Copywriting content for key pages of the site
- Specification of page title, description and keywords metadata for each page optimised. Creative Design can improve your prospects of a better “description” appearing in search engine results
- Specification of navigation, naming conventions for internal hyperlinks and website pages
- Submission to search engines – unpaid and/or paid according to your requirements
- Explain and develop reciprocal link strategies
- Research and analyse external links and make quality reciprocal link recommendations (links to your site from other complementary sites may improve search engine rankings)
In addition, we can specify what to avoid in website design – those things which make it hard for search engines to find a site, or which may penalise search engine rankings. These include:
- Disguised or hidden on-page text i.e. text which cannot be seen by the user, for instance, text the same colour as a background colour or very small to look like a line rather than text
- Inappropriate use of design elements such as flash screens and tables
- Creating metadata for keywords which are not relevant to the business
- Creating ‘doorway’ sites to your main site
- Generating reciprocal links of no relevance to your site visitors
We will provide a fully documented report, detailing:
- Copywriting content for your key website pages
- Website navigation specification
- Specification of metadata
- Page Titles
- Specification of naming conventions for internal links
- Submission to search engines as agreed
- Specification of external link recommendations
- Objective advice on matters such as site statistics, basic web marketing strategies
We do not seek to:
- generate “untargeted” visitor numbers for the sake of it – an untargeted hit is a waste of your time, bandwidth and money
- replace your marketing resources
- attempt to play silly games with the search engines – practices that may result in relegation in result rankings or exclusion from the search engines
- embark on mass reciprocal link strategies as we believe they “devalue” your web site and in the long term may have a negative impact on your search engine rankings. See Search Engine Predictions
We work with partners for graphic design and actual website construction, including sophisticated back end database technology and content management systems. Our objective is to assist you in the strategic design of your website to achieve business success.
When we work with you we want you to fully understand what we have done and why. That way, once we leave your business, you do not have to call us for every little change, you or your staff will understand how to specify changes, and more importantly know why the changes are necessary.
We are happy to provide a quote for SEO training to your external web developer, however, we do not provide this service without charge. In preference, we work with our development partners or your in-house developer.
It will take up to six months for search engine optimisation to achieve stable results. In that time we ask that you do not make changes that adversely effect the optimisation strategies we put in place.
During this period you should monitor your website statistics to observe the benefits of the optimisation. After a period of six months we will review and discuss your statistics and any fine-tuning which may be required.
As your business grows we are also available to specify ongoing changes to the metadata and marketing text, to ensure it reflects new products and markets.
Creative Design personnel keep themselves as informed as possible on emerging search engine issues, both “good” and “bad” from reliable and ethical sources in the search engine world.
Should we see an emerging trend that may affect your site we will let you know and suggest a strategy to address that trend.
Do we know it all? Definitely not, but we do have a long term commitment to sound analysis of information from intelligent sources which we use in combination with straightforward common sense. In the long term, this will benefit your business more than any glossy hype or marketing spin.
Creative Design Pty Ltd standard rates are $135 per hour GST included.
All Projects can be priced on a “not to exceed basis”.
Additional Services, quoted on request, include:
- Periodic Reports.
Track your search terms performance monthly or quarterly and/or compare with your competitors web sites.
Preparation of SEO Principles & Guidelines for internal use by your business.